Signs of Depression
Signs of clinical depression include:
- Persistent sadness and hopelessness.
- Withdrawal from friends and activities once enjoyed.
- Increased irritability or agitation.
- Missed school or poor school performance.
- Changes in eating and sleeping habits (e.g. significant weight loss or insomnia).
- Indecision, lack of concentration or forgetfulness.
- Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt.
- Frequent physical complaints such as headaches and stomachaches.
- Lack of enthusiasm or motivation.
- Low energy and chronic fatigue.
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide.